Wednesday, April 13, 2005


Here they are, gathered and finished and primed. Waiting to see what they will be. I can look at them and clearly see the mice, remember the tall windows with rain streaming down and the snip, snip, of the scissors. Things always work themselves into the art. Always. I'm writing this between drying layers of paints on Neil's "Luck Be Nimble, Fate Be Quick". I'm having an interesting time with it. I realized just today, in these last stages that the experience of reading Anansi Boys has been a factor here, in a strange, sweet sort of way. I'll take some photos Friday and show you what I mean.

3 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

You do realize that I am now absolutely SICK with jealousy that you have read Anansi Boys!

lisa said...

The funny thing about Anansi Boys is that Neil emailed it to me and said something like "When you get a minute, could you read through this and tell me what's working and what's not?" So I printed it, on two reams of paper.... It was a very long minute, but AB is really, really good. Of course

Carl V. Anderson said...

It had been a long time since I'd read American Gods so I picked up the unabridged audio version on CD at the local library and listened to it on a trip to Nebraska a couple of weekends ago. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this story and am really looking forward to Anansi Boys...the jealousy is still there but I'm excited that you're in Neil's special circle and got to get an early crack at it. Must be a weird experience to read a 'novel' on sheets of copy paper.