Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Vancouver reset and Poppet's Vision

Ben and I have returned from VCon. It was a rich experience, challenging and inspiring. It was good to get back to work.


There seems to be about a million details that need my attention right now, so while I get to those, and while I upload the photographs from the convention, you can take a look at the visuals for my artist's program. I wanted to make something a bit more fun than a traditional slide show. David Kirkpatrick, who donated the laboratory glassware we used to create the program book cover, helped me create
POPPET'S VISION It's mostly the kinds of images I post here, but I did some sequencing, David and I both did some stop motion and he did a good job of putting it all together. (Lots of the images are Mimi Ko photographs---thanks to her.)
Thanks, David!

I wish you could have been there for VCon. It was a good convention on many levels and I met talented, smart people and came away with new friendships.

12 comments:

ravyn said...

Glad you had fun :-)

Poppet shortened my dad's hospital stay :-)

Rubius said...

It was a true pleasure to have you at the convention. You were quite the hit! There have been a number of people who have told me how much they appreciated your art and presentations. Thank you again.

Ravyn, you were missed.

Benton Warren said...

Thank you Rubi! It was a true pleasure for me too. I have to say the people of Vancouver have to be the nicest most polite people I've ever met and you yourself were simply amazing. I'm glad to count you as my newest friend. :)
And Hi Ravyn! I saw the test link to my new blog and I gotta say I'm very excited! Thank you very much for all your help sweety!
Bent.

Anonymous said...

I had a lot of fun doing the Poppet's Vision movie, so I'm glad that everyone liked it. I will admit to getting a bit tired of the soundtrack towards the end, however.

If the purple 'Poppets Vision' link to the movie in this blog entry stops working, or anyone has problems with it, let me know and I'll make sure it's working on my end at least.

Here's the link again, for those who don't want to go back to the main page:

http://gallery.me.com/davidkirkpatrick44#100007/PoppetVision&bgcolor=black

Thanks again!

ravyn said...

David, that video is fantastic! Did Lisa tell you that i like doing stuff like that too? i made my first computer-generated music/video/animation thingie for a college project in 1985. Using an Apple IIe no less :-D

Love love love it!

lisa said...

ravyn: poppets are like that. We've been working on a 'feel better' poppet.

lisa said...

rubius: I agree with Ben! and now I have some great memories of time spent with you.

ravyn said...

rubius, i have missed you too! The fall is always a busy time of the year for me so here i stay **sniff**

ravyn said...

Progress: my drawing table has finally been set up for painting, yay!

Benton Warren said...

Nice Ravyn! Thats a sweet looking studio space! Can't wait to see the work that comes out of it!
Bent.

ravyn said...

The computer desks are immediately to the left of the drawing table. i still have shelving to put up, and a bookcase. And other things, but the computers are functioning, heh.

i hope to be painting very soon!

lisa said...

David: you did a terrific job, even more so since you had to do most of it at the last minute. I look forward to our next project!