Friday, January 06, 2006

Aubrey checks in

Finally, a hello from Aubrey, who is very often behind the camera and almost never in front of it. She is enjoying a monochromatic phase, so she actually let me post this one I took of her.

Sleep was indeed the fix, and I plan to get some again tonight. What a grand idea.

More studio work today, a carousel animal to finish and more wax work on the angel.

I've heard that Lost and Found is the next project in line at Cemetary Dance. I have lots of work ready to send for that. I'll keep you posted.

I now have the entries chosen for Tiny Stories on hand, all neatly packed into a tiny little data stick. Fitting, isn't it? I will begin reading those very soon, a few at a time. I'll keep you posted about that as well.

My father approached every project he worked on "like he was fighting fire." Everybody liked saying that about him, especially my mother. I am his daughter. I knew this month would be a little nuts and sometimes projects require late hours. But, if I can achieve it, balance is better.
Still, I remember his quiet, intense, "Always hit the ground running, kid. Hit the ground running."
Sure dad, I do. But not every time I jump.
Sometimes, I hit the ground laughing.


g'night

No comments: