Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 80

This house smells like cabbage. And corned beef brisket, cooking all day.
Inside, the sounds of Robin Hood. On often enough to've become background. Comforting background. Is this a waste of electricity? Probably. It certainly is a luxury. But then, I'm in need of comfort. Or is it want of ? Something to soothe my mind so it doesn't run off on wild tangents. As things are, I'll stick to the concept of moderation. When I leave the room, I'll turn it off.
Sounds of splashing outside. First swim of the year. Carrying on Aubrey's tradition, first swim on St. Paddy's day.

Today, it's not as cold as last year, or the year before.
I'm not saying I'm celebrating. I'm not much in the mood to celebrate. But tonight I plan to be Irish, to have a drink, and to be glad of both. That'll do fine for now.
Happy St. Paddy's Day to you.


No comments: