Thursday, May 05, 2011

Day 115

It's morning, 7:10. Invader Zim and pancakes. It's already bright outside. It will be hot today. I finished the Silly Humans sculpture.


Today is a big shipping day, so I'll likely be helping Aubrey. But later in the afternoon, I'll start framing up another paper mache piece. This is the season for it. Outside, the layers dry fast and strong.





















I think I may have told you about Soosi getting out about three weeks ago. She pushed and pushed at the kitchen window screen until she could squeeze out over it. She came right back but we were worried. She still had one more booster to go before she could be spayed.





And now she is big as a basketball and full of kittens. I feel like an idiot. I know. Yes, I know the right thing would have been to abort them.


But I couldn't make myself do it.

Now we're faced with the inevitable basket of kittens.







There are many worse problems.



I'm taking another break from the news. Today is a gift and I intend to treat it that way. Honor it.


glitches and all.


I don't enjoy going to dark places, but I certainly seem to learn things there. It's where poppets speak things that make sense.




I will, of course, be counting on you to help me name kittens. sheesh. I am a fool. But then, we've established that.


have a good day.

7 comments:

Diandra said...

And still... congratulations on the kittens! I hope everyone will be well, and go to a beautiful home.

J.W.B. said...

Glad to hear you're all better! One of the kittens will have to be named Bilbo. I recently finished the Hobbit. It wa excellent. On to Fellowship! I can't believe I pushed off reading these books for such a long time...

Drinne said...

allright I have to admit that I didn't even know you could abort a feline pregnancy.

And if you can what is the cost effectiveness since you don't necessarily have to raise the kittens yourself?

I'm a dog person so I don't know any of these things - I also assume Soosi will be spayed before the next heat or does it get more complicated?

Cat maintenance is like a glimpse into an alien world for me.

cmw said...

Kittens don't sound too bad, foolish wise, I mean.

;)

Syd said...

When I realized that the feral (or at least, long-term stray) momcat who'd moved into the crawlspace under my house with one litter of kittens (of whom 2 disappeared and 3 are currently asleep on the sofa) was again preggers, I was told by a vet's assistant that, yes, they could do a feline abortion (called a late-term spay). But she said that the farther along Momcat, a.k.a Phantom,Phantom was, the more danger there was to her.

So, that's why I couldn't do it: I didn't feel it was fair to risk Phantom's life just because I wasn't up on the feline reproductive cycle. That's why I couldn't do it...twice. And one of the kittens from that last litter (last because there were complications and Momcat died two days after giving birth) is named...Poppet.

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't feel like an idiot, you did everything you could reasonably do to stop Soosi mating before she was spayed. It seems it was just meant to be. There's a reason for everything. One of those kittens could change the world or make someone happy....

Carrie said...

I am so glad to have found you. Thank you for your writing xx
(Cherry Blossom Tattoo Photography)