Saturday, March 04, 2006

Neil's Very Big Back Yard


A few weeks ago, I took a long walk in Neil's very big back yard. It's a magical sort of place, even on regular days. But this day, there was a light snow falling, and nearly absolute silence and I was ready to see whatever there was to be seen. It was unexpectedly perfect. Today I needed to stand in the midst of trees and whiteness and quiet again. I thought it would help. It did. I thought you might enjoy the photos I took. So, here they are.

3 comments:

jordan's mom said...

That particular silence during snowfall in the country is indeed a magical, almost "holy" experience, and your photos took me there in my memory.

Thanks again for lending us your artist's eye.

Really_Rather_Not_Nice said...

Jane Yolen's "Owl Moon", all the way, people.

Lisa, if my e-mails have gone awry again, let me know.

Carl V. said...

That tree, with all the fungus, is begging to be drawn into some strange, fantasy illustration. Cool shot.