Wednesday, April 13, 2005


This is a difficult stage for me, because I love monochromatic works. One of these day's I'll stop here and only do a wash over it. But the color matters to this sculpture. DENIAL I see its progression from faces to expressionless blanks to empty black hollows. (I can see this regardless of the music I'm working to. Hmmm ... I must ask Dr. Abba, as he seems to be an expert on the subject o f c l o c k w o r k m e n. His site and work are very cool, and worth a visit just for the home page.)
Denial eats at us from the inside. Perhaps it's that simple.

4 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Oh I would agree! In this day of great self-awareness I think denial is harder than on us than ever. We're too smart to actually get away with denial for too long and its harder to ignore the truth. Thus we work harder to keep pushing denial down deep inside and it tears us up. Its best to just be honest with ourselves and not waste precious minutes of life pretending.

jordan's mom said...

Do you suppose Denial is one of the Endless' bastard half-siblings? You know, the one who won't admit to being a relative?

Carl V. Anderson said...

He,he...that makes sense to me!

lisa said...

To Jordan's Mom: Is the Endless from Sandman? I haven't read that yet. I met Neil about ten years ago and we've been friends since, but I'm just now getting to know the writer and his work. I liked Anansi Boys enough to start reading Good Omens. I'm liking that too. In other words ---I'm way behind on references.
Carl: I dunno. We're generally pretty danmed good at denial,as individuals and as a society.