Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Meander

Today was for picking up bronzes from the foundry. Pete offered to drive so I could work (think), but I was distracted. Have you ever noticed those non-descript ORKIN sedans----white, discreet logo, clean-cut driver.? Good conspiracy car. Hmmm. What do they know that we don’t? Oh yeah, the invasion. The bugs (scenes from Starship Troopers). Your friendly ORKIN man will be the only survivor…
Ok, forget that.

Listening to Lewis Black talk about how he is different from his stage ‘voice’ and why he still tours. Interesting, frank -sounding interview. Public radio.

Pete is driving and working in his head too.

We pass this house, high up on the hill, with descending levels of decks. Maybe it’s a restaurant. Beautiful out here with the wildflowers and the weather, but not much of a view for dinner, the highway.
Unless it was a futuristic multi-level, clover-leafing monstrocity filled with cars traveling at crazy high speeds. At night it would be like watching strings of interconnected chaser lights. The accidents would be spectacular. Would they be rare? What would be the odds of one happening during dinner? There would be wagers….

Ok, not that either. But you see how this goes…

The bronzes are quite nice. It’s a good foundry. I’ll put in a link tomorrow. And take some photos for the website, which is about to explode. I have lots of work for Ravyn to put up. Lots. S’ok. I’m casting her horse sculptures. I’ll show you those too…
There's something else, but----tomorrow---
Orion is nearly asleep. I think I’ll sit with him until he goes…
I might just go as well.
G’night

6 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Thanks for whetting our appetites! Looking forward to seeing all the new pics!

ravyn said...

yeah...... she just keeps cracking that whip over me, hehehe

Carl V. Anderson said...

I hope you can survive the beatings! :)

K said...

Hmmm, yes, looking forward to seeing the new work too. Have been meaning to comment about your angels ever since Relic III (the first one I saw) but have been trying to work out in my mind just why I like them so much. Like you, I'm not particularly "into" angels, and some angel representations I've seen make me feel quite uncomfortable. On the other hand, I've secretly been wanting to draw my fiancé as an angel ever since I met him (six years). It's something about his face.

I think the reason I'm drawn to the Relics is that there's not a shred of sentimentality about them (how could there be?). And their facial expressions remind me of those in Botticelli paintings.

Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm having faith that your reduced posts means that both you and Ravyn are working like crazy and that cool things are on the horizon!

ravyn said...

OUCH!! Quit cracking that posting whip, Carl! We HATES it!!!!!