Friday, April 29, 2005

Strange Attraction stirrings...


While I photo'd the bronzes, I snapped this pencil drawing. It's one of the illustrations from Strange Attraction. They (whom I won't name until I have contracts in hand) are making noises about bringing out the trade paperback edition of the anthology this coming October. I'd like to see that happen, as all the pencil illustrations would be there, which were only in the limited edition hardcover, and some new photos, which weren't in any of the editions and a new John Grant story would be in there. I'm not holding my breath, but I might cross my fingers. Maybe. If I'm not using them at the moment. Then, when am I ever NOT using my fingers? We'll see. This drawing is for a really, really fine Charles DeLint story called "Many Worlds are Born Tonight." I was thinking of posting some excerpts from the anthology on days when I'm too bogged down in studio work to post. I'll try it, and you'll tell me if you want more or to please, please stop.

2 comments:

jordan's mom said...

Lisa- Hope you are having a fine time at the con, selling things and getting ideas and meeting new friends.....

"Strange Attractions" in paper would be lovely (so I don't have to keep loaning out my HB copy to everyone who wants to check it out), and anytime you want to "slum" in your blog by including bits of SA stories is just fine with me...I'll bet others would enjoy it, too....

But, Lise - my dreams were Deeply Disturbed last night by an odd vision of Harlan Ellison/Robert Preston/Ratboy doing the Grand Finale in "Victor, Victoria."

Though my heart may not be able to take the strain, I think I'm going to need a HarlanRat for my office, to keep the NeilRat company. Thanks for the inspiration!

Carl V. Anderson said...

I really hope that the trade does come out in the fall, that would be wonderful and would add to a small but exciting list of things coming out in the fall that I just can't wait to pick up. Please keep us posted.

Looking forward to seeing the final product of the Harlan rat!