Thursday, September 09, 2010

Willard Wigan is an alien

This morning I reached for my robe and slippers almost automatically. The air was that cool. Soosi must sense something, because she's suddenly become Quantum Kitty, occupying multiple locations at once. She chases some invisible object, also of the quantum sort.

Yesterday Aubrey and I passed a house with a sign that said "Free Stuff." She picked up a bronze art deco picture frame that featured a dryad. I picked up two pairs of swim flippers. I don't need any flippers (who needs more than one pair?) but why not? You never know what flippers could become. Or I could just wear them when I get the mail.

I think the word for the day might be 'patience.' Or maybe 'object.'

Free Objects. More to imagining than 'free stuff.'

And I think Willard Wigan is an alien. Maybe he has a shrink ray. I hope so. And I hope, for my sake, he takes this as a compliment. And I wish to see a microscopic Poppet. Of course I do.

Hope your day is good.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Surely you have seen 'Benny and Joon', yes? Your wearing-flippers-too-check-mail comment made me think of her wearing her snorkel mask and directing traffic with a ping pong paddle :)

J.W.B. said...

Mr. Wigen is most certainly an alien. How he does what he says he does exactly I don't even think I have the patience to even fathom doing. Micro poppet, ftw! lol

Bevula said...

Thanks for sharing Willard Wigan, he was fantastic. I have the urge to share that video with all the children I know - follow your dream!

Syd said...

Amazing work by Mr. Wigan--thank you for improving my day!