Sunday, June 12, 2005

Tiny Stories


No more shaking today, so far. I've told you stories before about how harsh the environment can be here, once you drive past the artificial landscaping (as I do most weekday mornings). I've spent most of my life in the southeastern part of the country, even been through a tornado or two. But until you feel the ground shaking under your feet, you really can't have an appreciation of how tiny and transient we human beings are.

TINY STORIES about TINY THINGS, sort of : Bob Podrasky is putting together a collection of 100-word short-shorts. I'll be illustrating the stories in a variety of mediums. All the rules and information are posted here:
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
If you want to see some examples from our last brain exercise, a number of those stories are posted beginning here: One Hundred Words
I'm really looking forward to working on this one.

I'll be back tomorrow, with my usual rant. Please forgive my recent lull in journaling. Sometimes I have to spend time letting stuff in so I can pull new stuff out. So do you. We have to live to create good work. Tonight is for swimming under the stars---or whatever it is that you do.
G'night



1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Swimming under the stars sounds wonderful. Just thinking about it generates peace...