Wednesday, June 08, 2005


Brilliance II is the third sculpture in "The Fugue". And the last, because this is where Dark Caravan took over. There is a lot going on here. The harlequin's missing shoe is in a secret compartment in the back of the sculpture. This sculpture was bought at auction by a mysterious man with a motorcycle helmet under his arm. He later sent me a deposit for "Enter" but disappeared. This though, is one of those rare pieces I got lost in. I rather suspect, and hope, I'll relive the experience soon. 

4 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm probably just losing my sight, but I can't tell what those are on the skewers?

lisa said...

Hi Carl--

They are owls. I will try to get a close up or higher resolution image up for you.

ravyn said...

Carl, now that Lisa said it, i can see the owls **sheepish grin** the two at the bottom are belly down, facing sort of toward the camera, or should i say foreground. Their feet are close together, behind the outstretched wings. i think they are barn owls (?). The one at the top seems like it may be belly up, but i'm not too sure about that one...

ravyn said...

i think i stand corrected, looking at the closeup, the feet are above the tails, which indicates that they are belly up..... right?