Saturday, January 28, 2006

Automatic Rat

Mostly I've buried myself in studio work for three days. Ben dragged me out to a couple of thrift stores, which was good. Sometimes I have to be reminded there's a whole world outside my door.

I found a wonderful sweater. It's nubby, warm and looks like something my grandmother wore when she did her housework. It will be my studio sweater and I love it already. Also, three molded plastic rodent forms that require batteries and do weird things. They will eventually become three very weird things that do weird things.

At night I work on Tiny Stories. Later, when everything is quiet and I can read with real concentration.

When it's time to stop thinking, I'll play Rez. Pete tried to get me to play Rez for months. I'm not a video gamer. It wasn't around when I was a tot so I never got into it. Then, he and Orion were playing and I saw the top notch art and music and the intrigue began. Now Lisa is liking the zone. Lisa is kicking robot ass. And shooting things. Oh yes, this is good...

5 comments:

Lord Daecabhir said...

So I was curious about this game Rez, than would so captivate the Rat Goddess. A little time a googlin', and of course I find myself on the Wikipedia entry for Rez. Aside from being informative, I was rather amused to read about the Trance Vibrator that was released in Japan as an accessory, and in spite of its name and the fact that it comes with a washable pouch, Sega does not recommend/denies designing it to be used as a sex toy. Sunday morning amusements abound...

lisa said...

Thanks for the links, Daecabhir. I just finished reading the Wikipedia entry...

...hmmm

...well

...that explains a lot.

Alys Sterling said...

Er... I was going to say that Rez is one of my all-time favourite games. But now I'm not quite sure I dare.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Sounds like an interesting...'game'..wink, wink, nudge, nudge

mistress mousey said...

Ugh... Rez is... ADDICTIVE!! My husband and I have unlocked more weirdnesses and colour schemes than is good for us. No 'game' should be this life-sucking.