Saturday, January 14, 2006

Friday the 13th and then some

So, it was indeed Friday the 13th, but we decided we were brave souls, and set out in plenty of time for the airport in Long Beach, only to become hopelessly snarled in traffic, or thwarted by some strange time warp (did I mention we left in plenty of time?) and Ravyn missed her flight by the merest of fractions. After about ten minutes of panic we took refuge in a cute little coffee shop with cookies and coffee to figure things out.
In the end, Ravyn's spousal unit found her a flight out of Palm Springs for Saturday morning, so we drove back home, had lovely conversation, made a silicone mold for "Emily", watched some wicked funny commercials on Ravyn's laptop, listened to Aubrey's afternoon epiphany and had a lovely extra day.
This morning I sent her off with a breathtakingly beautiful full moon hovering just over the mountains.

Now I must take care of all things domestic and studio-wise which were horribly neglected for the sake of art and friendship. I owe many emails, several packages with little sculptures and a number of phone calls.

Aubrey, Orion and I are all about half sick with colds, a little fuzzy but getting on with the fireplace and green tea. I shall tidy up a bit because soon Ben will be here for project work and Strange Fish begs for completion.

have a good weekend.

4 comments:

vandaluna said...

Gads! What a couple of doof-balls ::grins:: You girls are soooo cooot!

Lord Daecabhir said...

Just a couple of crazy kids... if one can call Satan and the Anti-Christ a couple of kids. Looks like y'all had a good time, but I'm glad to have her back home...

K said...

Don't you have a bit of a bad history with catching flights lately, Ravyn? (Only kidding).

You know, I didn't notice that it was Friday the 13th. Silly me. I don't suppose anything too bad can have happened...

ravyn said...

You know, i've caught a lot of hell over that, especially at the Balticon meeting that night, heh. One of the club memners said to me,"Remind me never to let you book my travel!"

But you know what, it happened the way it was supposed to happen. We got to make the molds that we didn't get to the night before. And i picked up some *very* important information about flying out of Palm Springs, something i will need to know when i book Lisa's travel for Balticon. Soooooooo, it all worked out :-)