Thursday, January 05, 2006

No substitute for sleep

It occurs to me that when I mentioned Ron Walotsky the other night I should have put up links to his work. There are lots of sites, but I kind of liked this interview Crescent Blues Artist Interview: "Ron Walotsky: The Fine Art of Covers".

I've had two weird days in a row. Yesterday I started feeling a bit out of focus and conversations felt awkward. More of the same today, along with dropping things, tripping over things and just sort of staring when people ask me questions, particularly, "What the hell's wrong with you today?"

Any number of things could be contributing but mostly, when I start to drop things, it means I've gone for too many nights with too little sleep. Another night and my brain will start to get weird, and not in a good way.

Gene Wolfe has begun work on Strange Birds, I have begun work on Strange Fish, and the male "Relic" is shaping up. I'll try to get some photos up tomorrow and tell you about this amazingly wonderful wax from Monster Makers.

I found a copy of "Late Night Thoughts on Listening to Mahler's Ninth Symphony" (Blogger's dashboard has no provision for underlining titles---or not one that I've found.) by Lewis Thomas in the little used bookstore where I usually sit on the floor with coffee and read while my car is getting washed. And, I got an email saying my wet suit was shipped today.

Today's Bennisms: Remember, Thou art mortal. and I like endorphins, they're delicious.

Okay then. There's nothing else but to get some sleep. I'd prefer dream-free, but I'll take what I can get.

g'night

1 comment:

K said...

As I've just spent the past hour not-very-succesfully fighting going to sleep at my desk, I so, so sympathize. (It's only 10.20 in the morning, which is pathetic.)

Strange fish? I'm intrigued. Although I saw some slightly peculiar fish myself yesterday. How about this? Or this?

Well, it amuses me. And keeps me awake. Sleep well!