Thursday, February 03, 2005

H. P. Lovecraft and the CBLDF

If you're wondering why I support the CBLDF with the author rats, here is the scoop: When I did the first one, the Neil Gaiman is a RAT (I never tire of saying that), Rat, it was our agreement. After all, Neil is a champion for the cause. When I created the E. A. Poe and now, the H. P. Lovecraft Rat, try as I might, I couldn't reach either to ask what their favorite causes are. So, I chose for them. I'm fairly confident they approve. I'm a firm believer that some of us really need to get going and make some changes, create some 'particle interference' in the wave patterns of sleeping puppets and sheep. I believe that in order to affect any sort of change, we must begin by speaking out.
The right to Speak Out, is (in case you haven't noticed) being sneakily spirited away, little by little. PAY ATTENTION!
I figure, comics is as good a medium as any for speaking out, some do it extremely well, so there you are.
The next author I am honoring with Ratdom is still breathing as I type this, so may choose something else. In the meantime, if you're not familiar with CBLDFCBLDF, inform yourselves.
Thanks, as always, for reading. I'm counting on you guys to stay frosty.
later----

No comments: