Wednesday, February 02, 2005

"Broken record" and "give out"

I caught just a snippit of a blog yesterday where someone speculated that the expression 'broken record' would be obsolete in a short number of years. Don't count on it. "You sound like a broken record"means you're repeating yourself, because that's what cracked records---the hard ones, before floppy vinyl ones---did. The needle would jump over the crack back into the same groove, over and over, repeating, repeating, repeating.
I hear people use ancient sayings all the time without knowing what they mean or where they came from. Case in point: "Saved by the bell". I'm not writing it tonight because I am
"give out." Look it up---it's a fun one.

I've been creating for weeks now. Time to put something back in. I'm empty and too tired to tell the difference between depression and exhaustion.
So.
Eating, reading, sleeping, a bit.
G'night


1 comment:

lisa said...

Hi Ben,

Thanks! That was caitlin's, eh? I just sent Caitlin a gift a few minutes. We, you and I, have good taste in reading.

best to you