Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Watching

When was the last time you thought about malaria? I can tell you for me, it's been about twenty years. That's when I left the laboratory and became a full-time artist. I still read scientific journals occasionally, just not Morbidity and Mortality Weekly.

But Malaria has gone on about its business whether I was aware or not. Sonia Shah's blog is here.

It's all too easy to get lost in the details and miss the context. Each of us is part of all of us.

g'night

2 comments:

mordicai said...

I haven't read it, but I've got it floating around my desk somewhere, or an ARC anyway.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Oddly enough I seem to have come across mentions of malaria quite a bit lately. Weird coincidence, I guess. Couldn't help but think of it the other week as mosquitoes threatened to carry me off out of my back yard!