Sunday, February 03, 2008

Neil's Bees, Little Dead Girls Like To Play Too



Little Pink's Playset is the last of the pieces for the Valentine's sale.

As for every event, we have works nearly finished but not ready. Now that the ebay store is up and running, I can add those pieces when they're done.

The Neil phoned this morning, having suddenly found himself in possession of two thousand dead bees which, naturally, made him think of of me. So next week sometime I expect a box of bees at my door.

I hope they don't smell like grape jelly. Or any other sort of jelly.

And I hope they're actually dead.

"Bees are strange," he said, "you might think they're dead, even when they're not."

I could sense his grin, so I told him not to get his hopes up---I'd open it outside. But I did promise to have someone with a camera, in case of whackiness.

I'm thinking he'll keep them inside at his house for day or so to check for dead-deadness. I'm thinking a box that suddenly began to buzz wouldn't go over well at the post office.

And I'm thinking about having fun with two thousand bees. Thanks Neil!

Happy February.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Have you ever been stung by a dead bee?"

For extra credit: Name the mover and actor(s).

Love, love, love the February Poppets. Having trouble deciding what to buy while wishing I could afford the whole lot.

Miss Bliss said...

Well the movie is To Have and To Have Not and actors are Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall and Walter Brennen. GREAT MOVIE and super quote.

Good Luck with the bees

David Niall Wilson said...

My brain is abuzz with images of how you could make use of an entire box of dead bees (lol) - and you are likely one of the only people I know who would be HAPPY to get such mail...

I'm getting a Valentines poppet for my daughter...she'll be thrilled!

D

said...

Two thousand bees or not two thousand bees, that is the question.

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor

Carl V. Anderson said...

Have to admit that I am sooooo curious as to what you are going to do with a box of dead bees. Or presumably dead bees. Even though I would love to hear a story about how, days after their arrival, they came alive and the wackiness that would then ensue, as a recent victim of Bees Gone Wild I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Rubius said...

I'm imagining little balloon-swarms of plastic-ed bees to carry adventurous poppets around on their explorations...

onward to our nezzzt dezztination!!!

hhexit... how spells get loose.

Anonymous said...

I'm quite intrigued to know what you will do with a box of probably dead bees. *grin*

I love all the pieces in the sale. Oh for infinite supplies of money!

Dan Guy said...

I can't wait to see what you think of to do with two thousand dead bees.