Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sweet Dreams...


Sweet Dreams...

This is the fruit of my late night. It's a painting on the inside wall of the kinetic fortune teller sculpture Ben and I are making. It will be the last piece of the Dark Caravan, which I'll be able to show you in detail soon. I'll be visiting the carnival in about a week and will take lots of photos. We hope the fortune teller will be ready for the World Fantasy Convention. I'm not sure there's enough coffee on the planet to help me do the other side tonight. But actually, it wasn't so much the coffee as the music.

In the meantime, there's a chapter on Dark Caravan hereBudPlant.com -- GREAT FANTASY ART THEMES FROM THE FRANK COLLECTION. It's a beautiful book. Eventually, Paper Tiger (or someone) may see the wisdom in making the Dark Caravan carnival a book on its own.

Now it's truly morning. g'night

2 comments:

faerydusted1 said...

Lisa, I swear you've talked about music before. But I couldn't find the post(s?) where you mentioned it.
What sort of music do you listen to when you work? Hope you'll excuse the random curiosity...

Poppets are disturbing.
Poppets without faces are more disturbing; like reapers without the comforting familiarity of the black robe.

K said...

The MOST disturbing poppets, in my opinion, were the ones with the hollowed-away faces. Shiver.