Saturday, September 02, 2006

Horny Poultry, Studio Karma and the Mystery of Jacks


Did I mention how much I like poking around in thrift stores? It's not so much the rooster or his...state of mind, as the fun we had coming up with names for the randy little fellow.

Today was spent largely teaching another local sculptor how to make her own molds. It was a lot of work, but very satisfying, with laughter throughout. I don't mind teaching when I have the opportunity. I plan to give some talks at Palm Springs High during the year.
That said, I'm generally pretty happy to asnwer technical questions about art---or being an artist. That is, if I know the answer.

If not, I can put the question out there for you. Thank's for your work on the Jack's questions. There must be an answer somewhere. (?) More below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unlike a lot of my fellow modellers, I've so far resisted the temptation to mold my own parts. Then again, I can't imagine a better teacher. In the meantime, I've wondered - Where do you buy your marble stands? I'm not mad keen to increase my costs, but they would certainly improve the presentation, and thus acceptance, of my 'ships.

Carl V. Anderson said...

I think it is fantastic that you would take the time to teach someone the nuts and bolts of your craft. Kudos to you!