Sunday, September 04, 2005

something, something


Ok. Really, who deserves to die? Me? For saying I needed chocolate? Or Pete, for walking past me and discreetly leaving an OPEN back of Mr. Goodbar Bites and a very cold glass of milk on the counter beside my laptop?
hmmmm...

One thing I've learned in my previous careers is that blood is alive, and that dead blood feels different from living blood, and that red paint feels like neither.

Today I painted some puppet hats. I made Orion some cheese eggs, but other than that, I worked on my diving. Orion and I are browner, with slightly greener hair, but finally, I am pointing my toes...

I think a lot about those affected by Katrina. This is so not over. This has been a mean summer for so many. I feel profoundly affected, and a little pissed-off, too tell you the truth.

We do what we can.

1 comment:

Derek Ash said...

It does seem that the world has become a harsher and more angry place in the last year.

Are we building towards soemthing? Is there more to come? Between wars and acts of nature and a fear of my own government and my own planet... I just don't know what else to do.