Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 105

It's always Something.


Otherwise, it's Nothing.



It's nearly eleven and I have to get up at 6. Soosi is sprawled all over the desk. I've been writing for about two hours. That felt good. I wolfed down a bowl of Frosted Flakes. They're great.

It occurs to me, just this moment, that a number of things I used to refer to as 'difficult,' I now call 'challenging.' A number of things I used to refer to as 'challenging,' I now refer to as 'inconvenient.' That will bear some processing, later.


The person I referred to last post is Mary, who is Orion's grandmother. I don't have this sorted out well enough yet to write about it. Mostly, my mind is on Orion who is nine and who's had little introduction to death before this.

The difficult things happen, but not in a vacuum. All around us, the challenging, the inconvenient, the silly and beautiful continue to dance with the shadows. This much feels right. As for the rest, understanding will come in it's own time, or not.

No comments: