Monday, December 03, 2007

Poppet Tricks

Today the voice of sanity spoke up and told your artist it's time to rest. This piece, called "Poppet Tricks" will wrap things up except for a couple of Foppet's Poppet (arriving in the next couple of days from Ravyn) and two other ooak Poppets. All adorable, of course.
The other art pieces will have to wait until January, for I must turn my attention now to completing the cover painting for Strange Roads.

And, I must start getting some sleep. Otherwise I'll be known as your late artist.

So there-- those of you bidding on pieces in the sale can know where things are, and that I won't spring a must have on you at the last minute. As much as I like trying to wow you, reason prevails.

Anyway, here is a little video of Poppet Tricks, an illusion box that proves most difficult to photograph, especially for a tired artist in a paint-stained apron in need of less coffee and more dreaming.
As always, I truly appreciate your enthusiasm and love of Poppets and other creations. Ebay doesn't allow mention of donation, but each sale sends support to organizations including, NCAC, NORML, CBLDF and The Bill Hicks Wildlife Foundation.

Because Poppets are more than pretty faces. As are you, dear readers and thinkers.


It begins to feel a lot like winter. Stay safe! Time for feet up and the joy of TiVo. (I do look forward to spending some time with that darling "Reaper" devil. As Bugs would say, "Ain't he a stinker!"
G'night

10 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I've noticed a theme of songs from The Shins' Wincing the Night Away with this video and the poppet diving video awhile back! Isn't that a wonderful album? It stays in my CD player for weeks at a time sometimes. Great poppet music ;)

Rubius said...

Wow!!! That's GREAT!!! I love it. Your mind is a delightful wellspring of wonder. Have a nice rest!!!

Carl V. Anderson said...

That is soooo great! Extremely creative.

I'm glad you're resting up and can hopefully revel in the holidays with your loved ones now, other than packaging up sale items.

And you don't have to try to hard to 'wow' us, you do that all the time.

Holly said...

my LOLPoppet says "WANT"

Charles Brownstein said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brownstein said...

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your continued support of the Fund. Actually, the Fund is registered with MissionFish on eBay, which allows you to donate whatever portion you wish to the organization using their infrastructure, and thereby allows you to mention donation. I'm sure your other favored charities are listed there as well.

Thanks again for the support

CB

lisa said...

Hi Brownstein: Thanks. Good to know. I had a couple of auctions pulled by Ebay in the past. Will check into MissionFish. Would make things a bit easier!

Chris: Indeed. The album is oddly perfect for Poppets.

Rubius: Thanks! and I will

Carl and Holly: heh. My hands can never hope to keep up with my ideas. sigh. I need more hands.

Carl V. Anderson said...

You just made a bunch of hands recently, didn't you? I think you and Ravyn need to get in the ol' mad scientist lab and animate those things...all your problems would be solved!

Holly said...

=o( my wallet said "no" . . . but that didn't stop me from getting a pony!

Dan Guy said...

Love those tricky poppets!