Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Cats and Grenades

Phillip sent these two photos. They have nothing to do with one another, really. Poppets on a grenade do what poppets on anything do. They give us a different look at things we might take for granted. Like grenades.

Cats need no reason or explanation.

Thanks for your emails. These are hard days. I have the tenacity of a mule. I consider it one of my better traits. Better days are coming. But sometimes we have to slog through the bad ones. I'm doing it. I'm not digging it, but I'm doing it.

Possibly the lesson here is that indeed, things work themselves out in the work. When I find out, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I'm off to the WFC.

Here we are, in November. Let's all try to make the most of it.

6 comments:

ravyn said...

Believe her when she says that. As her webmistress, i can attest, she KICKS like a mule too!

OW OW OW OW okay i'll get those updates on the web site!

**sheepish grin**

Dan Guy said...

I love the poppets and the grenade.

jestersdna said...

I'm glad you liked it, the effect I was going for was one poppet standing on it going, "well what have we here?" and the other scurrying away because of a sense of impending doom.

K said...

I appreciate both pictures. And your honesty, too. Maybe when the clouds have cleared I'll be able to articulate why.

Work does heal, I believe. Even if it's a slog. Good luck.

ravyn said...

what i really liked about that one was how the angle of the fleeing puppet is parallel to the shape of the grenade. That bit just drew my eyes like a magnet, heh.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Hope you have a great time at the WFC. I love November and plan to make the most of it and enjoy every day!