Sunday, May 01, 2005

Somewhere outside the Garden.

For over a week now, I've been thinking of how to tell you about "Composition for the Right Hand". I've started several times from various directions. Okay. LOTS of times. The truth is, I'm not ready. Maybe it's the kind of thing I'll have to write in the book. Or maybe I haven't known this 'animal' (this journal---or you) long enough to go that deep. One of the reasons I started writing here was to do just that. I'm a little surprised, and I'm truly sorry. I'm glad you're here and I don't plan to stop trying. I will say these things about "Composition": I dropped everything I was doing to build it. I built it with no regard as to whether I could sell it, ship it or show it. It was the answer to a question and, though it wasn't the answer I'd hoped for, I accepted it anyway.

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Fascinating...can't wait to read the text you'll be adding.