Monday, December 03, 2012

What I've been up to..



  I'm working every possible moment.  It's the proverbial sprint uphill to try to reach a shiny new plateau.  OK, really it's more like trudging up a muddy slope in the rain, while squirrels pelt you with nuts. Oh, and you're carrying a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread.
  And you desperately need to pee.
You get the idea.

  A video for the kickstarter project is DONE. I'm working on getting licensing for music.  I'll show it here first, I promise.

  I'm making poppets and managing the shop (now that David has moved far away to take care of his mom.)    I'm squeezing bits of time in for my family and continuing to shamefully neglect my friends.  I'm writing as much as I can, late at night or early in the mornings.  I'm staying calm and focused for the most part and managing to enjoy many moments, though I'm painfully aware that my body is getting older.
  
   This running uphill, this race toward escape velocity, is a choice an artist has to make more than once in his career.  There comes a point when you have to work really, really hard to make changes.  When the time comes, there's not a lot of choice about it for me.  I always hope my best work is ahead of me.  I'm never working in a vaccuum so I accept that the climb will be hard work.  We all welcome creative growth and change, but it's rarely smooth.

Forget the escalator.  Transitions are more like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Hope your Monday is good.

New stuff:







No comments: