Monday, September 03, 2012

Nuisance plus one.

  For creative types who work at home, holiday - schmoliday is often the norm.  This morning was no exception, so I shuffled toward the coffee maker as per usual just as the sun's light made it over the roof to touch the backyard fence.  Time to open the kitchen door and admit our nuisance of cats.  Five now, with the addition of Astro.
 Only this morning, there were six
One of these things is not like the others, I realized, bleary-eyed.  It is one of the 'neighborhood cats'  who just wandered in with my herd.
When I put him outside, two of my own ran out too.

So the crazy cat lady stirs a little milk into her coffee, checks on her sleeping son and begins her day.

This could be the beginning of a whole new phase of weirdness.  I'm okay with that. 




Collective nouns for cats: from Fun With Words
clowderofcats
clutterofcats
glaringofcats
pounceofcats
doutofcats (house cats)
nuisanceofcats (house cats)
kendleofcats (kittens)
kindleofcats (kittens)
litterofcats (kittens)
destructionofcats (wild cats


 

No comments: