Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer is Over




We had a productive and creative weekend. Then today was the

first day of second grade for Orion. I took this photo in the car. The morning light performed great tricks for us, for only just moments.


We talked about how we moved forward in the car only a few yards, yet in our little Element, tooling along in space (pretend the planet isn't there) we moved much farther.

How much farther?

I'm geeky enough to wonder about it, but not enough to research it at the moment. In fact, I'm tired enough to mostly sit here and stare at the screen between sentences, while my glass of milk waits patiently. My glass of milk is moving too. I wonder how far, in the last five minutes?


This is how my brain behaves when it is very tired. The non-summer routine will establish itself in a week or so. For now though, well, you know. I've gotta say, I'm happy to be getting back to work. It's horribly hot and even humid even at this hour, but another summer is over and we are alive.


before I go---wanted to let you know that our "Strange Roads" chapbook is nominated for the World Fantasy Convention 'Best Collection' and Peter's Uncle Chaim and Aunt Rifke and the Angel (one of the chapbook stories) is nominated for Best Novella.


In the morning, I hope your alarm performs exactly as you expect it to. (I hope mine does too.)

Happy End of Summer.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

When pupils get to the university and starts to get to know each and every one close to them, they overlook the most crucial thing; syllabus. When you go to an unfamiliar place, it is very crucial that you know their protocols. An university is the most crucial period in the understanding journey of an personal. The procustomwriting.com just doesn't teach you do difficult researches but also teach you to cope with tough scenarios in genuine lifestyle too. It then will get necessary that you cooperate and learn no matter what you can; make the most of your time there. By cooperating it implies to take treatment of solitary of the job from term papers to the book studies that you obtain there.