Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Poppets will work for Puzzles; Lisa steps off the Wheel



Where'd I go? I stepped off the wheel for a bit. Sometimes the studio feels like a strange machine, and I feel like the hamster.

So many little parts to make up the whole. I found myself approaching burnout, starting to succumb to the bug Orion had last week. So I made a wise decision to back off. Let other people handle some things, let the rest wait. Don't let me fool you into thinking I'm wise. I missed the wall by about three inches this time.

I spent some time thinking. It's easy to get caught up in the doing, isn't it? And forget about the thinking---that the thinking is the heart of what is to be done.

Because off the wheel is how the difficult work gets done, and the big decisions get made.

I'm going to spend a few days in my head and with my notebook, working out Strange Machines.

On that (Strange Machines) note:

If you enjoy working jigsaw puzzles, or know someone who does, I'm in need of several puzzles, all put together and glued, approximately 18" x 24". If you're interested, please email to lisa@poppetplanet.com. Poppets will show up to thank you (and move in.)

Next time you feel yourself approaching burnout, stop. You think you can't, but you must. Your brain loves you. Love it back.

g'night

4 comments:

Holly said...

does the puzzle imagery matter?

lisa said...

Holly: not one bit. The panels will be painted and integrated into a series of large kinetic pieces, including two works for the Strange Machines project.

Holly said...

I think I may have some that you can have. I'm not sure what size they are, and they aren't currently put together, but that wouldn't take much time. Will have to dig through my puzzles and games box when I get home and get back to you later.

David Niall Wilson said...

We usually have a few laying about as well, I'll have to see...my daughter loves puzzles, but these might be a bit beyond her. Still, she'd "help" and she loves poppets...

David